March Marketing for Restaurants
Restaurant marketing for March is always a blast because the entire month is filled with important sporting events, holidays and social dates. This provides tremendous opportunity for restaurants to promote specials, boost brand awareness, and promote your restaurant. This article will guide you through each of the events and days that are worth your promotion, this March 2018.
National Nutrition Month
The entire month of March is National Nutrition Month, giving you loads of content opportunities. In your restaurant’s social media, blog or email newsletter, you can share some of your healthiest recipes, or health tips. So that other people will come across your content, make sure to use hashtags for both Instagram and Twitter. A couple hashtags for National Nutrition Month are #NNM and #EatRight.
The NCAA Men’s College Basketball Tournament kicks off on Tuesday, March 12th. It will continue on into the second day in April. This tournament is a huge winner for us in the restaurant industry. After all, even the most diverse groups can be united by sports. Some ideas to take advantage of this day are as follows:
- Offer discounts to customers wearing your team’s colors
- Allow your employees to wear their jerseys too.
- Post pictures on social media of your customers and employees wearing their colors. Make sure to use hashtags to tag the team, to increase your impressions. Tip: Take these photos with your logo. Such as your customer holding your plastic cup with your logo on it. The best place is in front of your restaurant.
Saint Patrick’s Day
St. Paddy’s day is another huge one for bars and restaurants. This year, it falls on a Saturday, so you can expect people to be celebrating all weekend long. March 17th marks the day.
St. Patrick’s Day opens doors for getting involved with the local community. This is always a good thing for restaurants, because you are right in front of your target audience. Which are repeat customers. Even if it comes to you at a cost, remember that this is a marketing opportunity. Some ideas for getting involved, and hosting St. Patrick’s Day specials are below:
- Donate your custom printed cups to St. Paddy’s Parade to use. Yes, it comes at a cost, but the local brand exposure is huge.
- Host a themed event the day, or weekend of. This is a huge day for bars, pubs and restaurants, that is filled with revenue potential. You’ll have to deal with the shenanigans, but the green will be worth it.
- Have a special menu. Traditional holiday favorites are corned beef and cabbage, green beer, shepherd’s pie, and Irish stew.
- Host a “Lucky” contest on social media, or in your restaurant. The lucky winner could get a gift card. If you’re sticking to the theme, why not make it a gold bar?
- Offer discounts to customers in green attire.
Restaurant Marketing for March – Other Significant Days
There are also some other notable days for restaurant marketing for March. Below you will find a list of these dates.
- 3/2 – Employee Appreciation Day
- 3/8 – International Women’s Day
- 3/14 – Pi Day
- 3/18 – National Forgive Mom & Dad Day
- 3/20 – International Day of Happiness
- 3/23 – National Chip and Dip Day
- 3/23 – National Puppy Day
- 3/28 – National Something on a Stick Day